gallery > Autox 02/23/20
Where'd you race today?
(2) of the local RS owners decided to go autocrossing at the Lamar Dixon Facility in Gonzales, LA today.
I arrived at the Lamar Dixon Facility around 8:00am. Once I got registered and passed tech, I walked the course a few times. I drove to the event on my Enkei wheels with 275/35/R18 Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R tires. Our local SCCA chapter splits up the runs into (2) heats. I worked then got (3) runs. We all took a 1 hour lunch. Then I worked and ran my final (3) runs to complete the day. I ran in the Street Mod (SM) class with another RS owner.
We all got (6) runs today. I love Cenla SCCA! Weather was a chilly 49F sunny morning, and opened up to a 68F sunny afternoon.
Click on the pictures below to see the course map, raw results, class results, and run results. I took 1st in the SM category by 0.307 seconds ahead of Chris in his RS (built engine, stage 3 head, bolt-on turbo, full suspension, RE-71s, and self-tuned mad power/torque). Out of 59 drivers I was 3rd fastest in Raw time. Other than the kart, very close competition again today.
Notes for my 46.212 run:
All racers got 6 runs. My 6th run was my quickest. The hero lap helped.
1. Tune+ W400 kit, full exhaust, JBR motor mounts, JBR shifter
2. Launch control ON at 4000rpm. ESC + Traction Control OFF. Track Mode. Sport Dampers off (MCS TT1 suspension).
3. 275/35/R18 Bridgestone RE-71R tires. Final hot pressures = 34 psi front, 21 psi rear. Camber = -3.1 front, -2.9 rear. Zero toe F/R.
4. Front MCS shocks at 15 out of 18 clicks, and the rear at 9 out of 18 clicks.
5. 1/4 tank of 93 octane from Walmart.
6. 282.46 lb of weight reduction.
7. MCS TT1 suspension, Whiteline F&R sway bars, Pierce Motorsports F&R subframe braces, and Massive (Rear) Strut Brace + Camber Arms + Toe Arms.
8. Estimated vehicle race weight 3190 lb.
9. Odometer hit 5694 miles today (live 10 miles from the track).
10. Total runs on the Bridgestone RE-71R tires so far: (12).
Head-to-Head comparison of me vs Chris in the other SM Focus RS (me on top).