modifications > AEM Dryflow Air Filter
Why did you change out the Air Filter on your RS?
The factory Focus RS air filter is the typical dry conical filter provided by the OEM. These type of filters normally get changed out every other oil change or so. Tune+ includes this AEM Dryflow air filter in their W400 performance package. The AEM Dryflow air filter is designed to increase horsepower and throttle response by moving more air into the intake piping than the OEM filter. This type of filter is also cleanable and reusable for the life of your vehicle (just like the K&N oil type, but without the oil!).
- AEM Dryflow Air Filter (provided with Tune+ W400 kit)
- 7mm Nutdriver (or 1/4" drive ratchet and 7mm socket)
- Needle nose pliers or "Chingadera" tool to remove wiring harness clip on factory airbox sensor
*Sweet Tea (optional)
*A friend for moral support is always optional.
1. Install should take about 10 mins. I took my time because of taking pictures for this website.
2. I chose this type of dry filter because I don't want the typical K&N oil to get into the intake piping.
3. Ironically I didn't know that K&N made this dry filter for AEM.
4. I really need to buy a set of "Chingaderas" to remove trim pieces on vehicles like my RS.
5. If you don't know what a "Chingadera" is, visit Blake's Garage on Youtube and watch a few of his RS videos.
6. Reversible back to stock.